Friday, April 19, 2013

For the love of makeup...

When it comes to makeup, I'm a junkie! I've admitted it - I know I have a problem, but I don't want help! My vanity is overflowing with enough makeup products for 10 people! I have added my vanity to my never ending reorganization list - I'm hoping to get there this summer sometime. My computer desk/command center was a huge task and I'm still trying to figure out the best way to reorganize the vanity so it makes sense for me! You can view my post on reorganizing my computer desk here. I have more coming with the computer desk this summer. The command center was only the beginning!

Anyway, back to makeup...

I've always known about Urban Decay's products, but I've never ventured into their realm until just recently. I started with the Naked 2 palette, and once I tried it, I was in love! It's such a versatile palette.


When it came in the mail, I couldn't wait to try it! It came with a super cute lip gloss too! I toyed with the different shades and couldn't find the right combination for me - so I took my search to Youtube! There are so many videos on the naked palettes! I spent quite some time viewing, but I found a couple videos that had really great tutorials for everyday makeup wear with the Naked 2 palette!




I like this look a lot. I do a couple of things a little differently, but I'll add that information at the bottom!

Here's another one that's a super cute smoky/gold-ish tutorial!




I have worn both of these looks with my Naked 2 palette and both looks are very versatile. I have a couple of preferences for mascara and primer though.

For mascara, I'm absolutely in love with Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Flared! I have tried countless mascaras and this is what works best for me! It thickens and lengthens my lashes beautifully. You can find it here.

Also, for a primer, I use Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original. The tube is small and can seem expensive at $20, but I've had mine for a few months now and have hardly even put a dent in it. You know the term, 'just a dab'll do it'? That's the case when it comes to this stuff! You only need a tiny bit! You can find the primer here.

Do you have any favorite beauty products? Drop me a line in the comments and let me know or email me!

Ciao for now, bellas! :)

Disclaimer: the above is all my personal preference. I am not being paid to endorse Urban Decay or Maybelline.

No comments:

Post a Comment